Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Oh...Hey..Didn't See You There

I haven't had a random life moment in a while, so it should come as no surprise that I had two in one week.

Situation one: I walk into the elevator and there is a woman there. She has pressed floor 16, and I walk in, say hi, and casually push floor 12. We stop at 12...and to my surprise, we both get off. I think to myself, "That's weird, she pressed 16...why is she getting out on 12??", but I say nothing as to not be an ass and to give her the benefit of the doubt that MAYBE she just pressed the wrong number originally. She then turns down the opposite hallway (I go right, she goes left), and out of the corner of my eye, I can see her b-line for a door, take out her keys, and try to open it. Her keys are not working (even though CLEARLY this was where her number apartment is on floor 16) and so she proceeds to look up at the number on the door, realize she is on floor 12, and book it back to the elevator. I am nonchalantly entering my apartment at this time as to not make her feel insanely awkward, but I can't helping laughing to myself and secretly hoping that her keys either worked to get in the wrong apartment or that someone inside the apartment would come out and be like UMMMM you don't live here. No such luck.

Situation 2: I am in my car at the parking lot of my trainer and am screwing around trying to unplug all the technology (iPhone and GPS) when I see an older woman exit the gym and head towards me. It is raining pretty badly out and she gets out her keys and comes RIGHT for my car. I look up assuming she will notice me in it and realize she headed for the wrong black car, but she simply does NOT. Instead, she proceeds to put the key in the lock and try to get out of the rain, and into my car (side note, she definitely did not need help getting out of my dreams). I am basically staring at her and have NO idea how to get her attention without giving her a heart attack. I casually tap on the window and she FREAKS out, apologizes under her breath, backs up awkwardly, and walks to her actual car (parked right next to mine). While I have heard of people getting into the wrong car at a parking lot, as their keys somehow mysteriously work to open it, I assume trying to get into someone else's car... when they are STILL in it...is a first.

Clearly this was just my week of awkward keys.

2 comments:

  1. Situation number two made me laugh a lot. I have never heard of that ever happening. Does this sort of thing happen to you often?
    Ava

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ava!

    Thanks for reading and commenting! I have never heard of it before either, but as some of my friends said "of course that would happen to me". If u look in my older posts, probably starting more towards the beginning of my blog even you will see the type of stuff that happens to me :) since med school, I've gotten more scheduled but life is still funny and random!

    ReplyDelete