Sunday, September 5, 2010

I Made It Through The Wilderness...Somehow I Made It Through...

While driving around Boston this afternoon, out of the corner of my eye I caught a sign/billboard that startled me. In fact, it took me so long to read and realize that it said what I had THOUGHT it said, that I missed my opportunity to photographically document its' amazing existence. It is a good thing there is such a thing as Google (and that Google knew that my quotations around the search topic meant I was looking for exact words, and not what my work computer last year would have wanted me to find....porn):



Though this is not the EXACT sign I saw today (and the actual number might be different), after I read these words, I could not get them out of my head. At first I told my sister why I was so distracted, and we both laughed. Then, we proceeded to talk about the many possibilities for what this "help" might entail. Was it actually a more serious sign that lead you to a sex therapist/counselor, and if so, isn't this sort of an odd phrasing/way to get you to call, beyond merely grabbing your attention? Or, instead, was this actually some weird cover for a prostitution ring, a phone sex line, or even an escort service (you know, the kind of numbers that frat boys would call to "solve" this problem)??? As a naive person, who often says things without realizing what they mean (until, for example, someone says "that's what she said" in response), I am opting out of investigative reporting by actually calling this time. Let's just say that I'm just a little too nervous about what (or well, who) might be on the other end.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud reading this! I don't know when the billboards stopped advertising upcoming movies and instead started with messages. I pass a billboard each day that tells me I'm going to hell. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete