Lately I have been really bored of my Pandora stations (yes even the "Glee" one) and so I decided to explore the "genre" section. There are far too many choices under pop (I needed a country break) and not being a music buff I had no clue where to find anything good (Like...what classifies as classic pop or new age pop or alternative pop/rock??). Just out of curiousity, I decided to try the "Teen Pop" station, and I have been beyond excited by its' amazingness. Seriously, there is nothing better to get you through a work day than dancing in your chair to some Britney (old school like "Everytime"), Avril (WHY'D U HAVE TO GO AND MAKE THINGS SO COMPLICATED), Christina (What a girl wants, Come on Over, and Genie in a bottle), and my personal favorite randomness, the song "Only Hope" from a Walk to Remember (OK so this is more of a singing song, a sad ballad, than a dancing one). While usually I am sort of confused when my Pandora pulls up one of these songs (like LOVE ME LOVE ME SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME...or Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas when my station is Taylor Swift or Lady Antebellum), and I often wonder to myself what that says about my musical choices, I have decided to embrace this station completely. In fact, I have not even asked for it to skip one song --which is definitely a record for someone with musical ADD and who is usually told to create new stations or take a break from Pandora for being over the song skipping limit!
This station is so fantastically girly and middle school dance party that I forget I have been sitting in front of the computer for 8 hours doing the same thing that I have been doing for the past...well what seems like forever...and I get into some serious head bobbing action (and occasionally even drop it like its' hot). For someone who is not a big sober dancer, this says a lot about the power of the music to make me subconsciously move to the beat. I have even incorporated more of these songs onto my iPod and have caught myself dancing down the street, down the long escalators into the metro, and even in the line at CVS. Even though I worry that my bosses will creep in my office behind my back and see me bouncing around, or that people in the metro/on the street are judging me like I often do them, dancing around like a crazy person is so smile inducing that I do not even care. Instead, I wish that people (in my office? on the metro? on the street?) would lose their inhibitions and join in with me for some fantastically awesome public dancing (Seriously, how do you get invited to one of these??), and celebrate the fact that it is almost 80 degrees outside and I can finally rock a skirt and shades. I mean if people would ride the metro pantsless, public dancing has to be a step in the right direction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wait - you have a Glee pandora station? That's genius! I'm totally setting that up tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteoh yes. it is fantastic.
ReplyDelete