Monday, May 10, 2010

I Don't Know But I've Been Told...If You Keep On Dancin You NEVER GROW OLD

Being one of the earlier people to jump on the facebook fan page supporting Betty White to host SNL, and also having a self-admitted obsession with the Golden Girls (There was definitely a time that I would come home from school before practice and just watch Lifetime and laugh at the Golden Girls. It actually got so bad that my mom bought me a season on DVD), I was super excited for Saturday Night Live this week. In case you missed it, these are my top 3 Betty skits/moments: 
3) Scared Straight: While every time I think of Kenan Thompson, I think of All That or "Welcome to Goodburger, home of the Goodburger, can I take your order?", I thought Betty was pretty entertaining in his, almost weekly, sketch. Best Quote:"Wizard of ASS"
2) The Census Taker: My friend had just written about the old SNL census taker for the Huffington Post, so I was pretty excited to see the revamped version, especially with Tina Fey...."Blarfangar...can you spell that for me? S-M-I-T-H." 
1) NPR: MUFFINS: Like the famous "Schweaty balls", this skit is just awesome. It is hilarious how they can use radio and make tasting food so....dirty. Best Quotes: "Well ladies, as I used to say to my husband Irving of 55 years, 'what are you waiting for stupid, just eat it'" or "My muffin hasn't had a cherry since 1939".  


Ultimately, while I was dissappointed that Andy Samberg didn't use Betty in as good of a way as he did Natalie Portman (and he very well could of), she was a phenomenal host. I can only hope that when I am "88 and 1/2", I am still rockin' it that hard. 


Oh, and if this week's episode (including the best Weekend Update in a while) proved anything, other than the awesome-ness of B.White (not Barry) of course, it was that SNL is not funny anymore because it deeply misses the talent of Tina Fey, Molly Shannon, Maya Rudolph, etc (you know...the funny people). Seriously, Kristin Wiig's skits creep me out...they do NOT make me laugh. Too bad every week can't be a "special episode" or every year can't be an election year, because if that was true, people might still actually watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment