Wednesday, May 12, 2010

MAMA....Thinks I'm Working in a Convent...A SECLUDED Little Convent in the Southern Part of France

As much as we like to grow up and think we do not need our parents any more, and there are plenty of things we "Don't Tell Mama"(ps. this video is of Dame Judi Dench in the original London Cast of Cabaret on stage=AWESOME), a new study confirms that our (meaning girls here) stress hormone levels drop just by talking to our mothers on the phone (in fact, it helps as much as a HUG). OK, so even though this study was done on 7-12 year olds, and to be honest I like hugs a lot better than talking, being super close to my parentals even at 22, I am inclined to think this type of study would hold true for older girls as well, or for at least me and others close to their moms. So, next time you are having a bad day, or feeling stressed, don't feel like a baby "calling your mommy"....Hey, You are just listening to science :).

No comments:

Post a Comment